Florist & Wholesaler Information
• Alstroemeria is an extremely long lasting cut flower (12 to18 days).
• Purchase only from farms who post harvest treat the flowers with flowerpreservatives for premature yellowing of foliage.
• individually netted blooms and a fully”open cut stage”
• Common name for Alstroemeria is “Peruvian Lily”
– The first consideration is handling the stems: Stem joints break easily, so handle them gently.
– When received, unpack them immediately, trim about 1 inch from the stem ends with a diagonal cut and place them in a vase with lukewarm water and a flower preservation.
– Change the water and preservation in your vase every four or five days. Also, cut the stem ends again and remove all spent flowers and yellowing leaves.
– Keep your vase in a cool place away from drafts and direct sunlight.